I’m pleased to announce two new mini-workshops, specifically for women, to take place in my office at 203 Anderson Street in Portland, Maine. These are intended to be small and highly interactive, so space is limited.
Getting to “No” Guilt-free
Tuesday, September 24th 12:00-1:30pm
This mini-workshop is for nice women who need specific strategies for how and when to say no, all while overcoming guilt.
Whether you are over-extended at home, work, or both, this workshop is designed to give you the tools and confidence you need to stop the stress of never saying no.
You will learn:
- Why no is nice
- How to gracefully, but firmly, say no
- When it makes sense to say no
- Why relationships suffer when you fail to say no
- How relationships benefit when you say no more often
- How to recognize unrealistic expectations of yourself and by others
- Where to find support so you can continue to say no when needed
Communicating with Clarity and Confidence
Monday, October 21st 4:00-5:30pm
This mini-workshop is for women who want a communication makeover. There is a common myth that being direct and straightforward is rude and harsh. This does not need to be the case. Being indirect, vague, hinting, or hoping others will mind-read are ineffective and problematic in our personal and professional lives.
You will learn:
- How to identify indirect communication
- Why indirect communication leads to big problems
- How being more direct can be both polite and effective
- Specific ways to rephrase what you say to be clear and kind
- Strategies that lead to better listening and more openness
- Why clear communication builds trust
- Ways to continue building your clear communication skills
How to Register
Cost of each workshop is $35 if you register at least 10 days prior to the event. A discount price of $60 is offered if you register before September 14th, for both events. Regular registration is $45. If you wish to register, please email [email protected] or call 207-553-2260. Credit card payments are accepted over the phone and check payments may be made by mail mailed to: Hannah Curtis 203 Anderson Street, Portland, ME 04101.